Covid-19 is still a threat. Please do not attend any gathering until your country's social distancing restrictions have been lifted.
All juggling events in 2019
Juggling events in South Africa, 2019
Saturday, 2019-09-28 to Sunday, 2019-09-29
IMPORTANT - Remember to bring your own drinking water for the weekend!
Round 3!!! We were blown away by our previous event, and this next one promises to be even better :)
Andy and Yvette have once again graciously offered their farm as a venue, which we can probably start calling the home of Animus.
Animus is a Latin word Duncan and Warren found that has quite a wide variety of meanings, to name a few: Mind, heart, affections, purpose, feeling, thought, sensibility, imagination, sense, consciousness, and our favourite - Soul as Thinking. We found all these words fitting for our Flow Arts festival and the space we aim to create.
What we'll do:
The main focus of this event is learning. We will have workshops running throughout the day on just about anything we can, but mainly Flow Arts/Juggling. We will have some of the top performers in Cape Town teaching their skill to anyone who would like to learn it!
In the evening we'll gather around for some music and fire spinning! We will have an open fire circle that anyone who is attending the festival can join in on, provided they are of sound mind! To fuel the circle we will have a wide variety of music playing, either through some speakers, or possibly though the hands of some drummers and guitarists.
We will be limiting tickets to 50 people again, and the tickets will work in a 3 tier system.
Note: Tickets were sold out last time and we had to turn people away, so get yours early to avoid disappointment!
Early Birds (7th Aug - 31 Aug): R120
Normal Pigeons (1 Sept - 1 Oct): R150
Late Geese (2 Oct onwards and at the door): R180
Day Pass: R90 (Come on either Saturday or Sunday, just for the day)
Kids under 12: Free!
This is a slight increase from last time, and we feel this will be necessary for the continued development of Animus. As time goes by we will be adding more, and so our budget will get bigger, these increases will be directly for the increase in quality of our festival, we promise we'll always try our best to bring you the best of what we can offer. Our main focus is and always will be toward creating a bigger, better flow arts community, not to line our own pockets.
This is a festival for YOU, so that you can LEARN and GROW in a safe, comfortable and encouraging environment.
You may arrive on the Friday evening if you so choose, but we will only officially start on Saturday morning.
What to bring:
- TOYS: Any props or toys you might have, hoops, poi, staff, yo-yo's, juggling balls, slacklines, unicycles, anything!
- LIGHTS: Any LED toys or decorations you might have.
- PARAFFIN: if you intend to spin fire.
- CAMPING GEAR: A tent to sleep in, we'll be camping! We'll have lots of shade, but it wouldn't hurt if you have a gazebo to bring to add to the comfort.
- WATER: There is no running water at the venue, please bring enough water for yourself for the weekend!
- FOOD: Food for the weekend, we won't have food stalls just yet, but you can expect some in the future. Yvette will be coming around for orders of toasted sarnies and smoothies though!
- SUNBLOCK: It can get real hot out on this farm, we will have lots of shade but please don't forget sunblock and sunhats.
- MUSIC: bring any instruments you have at home, even if you don't know how to play it!
- MIND: An open mind ready to soak up new information and skills, or to share information and skills, it goes both ways ;)
- HEART: An open heart ready to accept and be accepted.
- PURPOSE: Come with the intention to evolve.
We are inviting anyone who knows a thing or two and is willing to teach to be part of our workshop schedule. The main focus is of course Flow Arts based workshops, but we're open to anything, like leather working, yoga, drumming, making jewelry, tea making, ceramics, whatever sets your soul on fire and might ignite a spark in someone else's :)
Please contact us if you would like a space in our schedule, and in exchange we will work out a discount on your ticket price.
We will also need volunteers to help with a couple of things like fire safety, cleaning up (although everyone should do that themselves), setting up and down etc. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer for a discounted ticket!
QUIET TIME IS AT 23:30 :) Please respect this, a guitar playing softly is okay, drums are not, blasting your personal speaker or sound system definitely is not okay.
Leave a Better Trace:
Everything you bring to the event must go home with you, including trash. Before you leave, inspect your campsites carefully and clean up the space around you (even if it isn't your mess), so that we can leave the venue better than we found it.
How to get there:
Take the N7 out of Cape Town towards Malmesbury, drive past the Engen One Stop. The usual entrance to the Bonanza Farm has changed due to roadworks. Carry on with the N7 and take the Atlantis turn off to Klein Dassenberg road, about 1km take Rondeberg turn off and 1st entrance on the left turn in. Travel all the way down the dirt roads - our gate is on the right by the cottage, where the parking is and tunnel to the fairy circle. --> https://goo.gl/maps/k1tet6oEJmxzLCACA
View trivia (0)